There could be a few reasons that Replay Media Catcher cannot download from a certain site:
It's possible that the site does not support segmented HTTP progressive downloads correctly. To do a straight download set the number of segments to 1 so a normal (slower) download is done. Here’s how:
1. Click Tools > Settings then expand HTTP Download Tweaks
2. Set Max number of segments to 1.
3. Change it back to 5 when dealing with the sites that respond correctly
The site may be streaming FLV’s with a content type of content/unknown or unknown/unknown. Try adding each of these content types to Replay Media Catcher's settings. Here's how:
- Click Tools > Settings then expand HTTP Download Tweaks
- In the Content Type/File Extensions section (at the top), click the Add button.
- For Content Type type unknown/unknown
- For File Extension type FLV
- Test if the problematic site will download now. If not, perform steps 1-4 again, but type content/unknown as the Content Type.
The content is encrypted. Replay Media Catcher cannot download encrypted streams.
Some RTMP streams won't allow subsequent resumes of a stream so in this case, you'd switch on RTMP Recording and switch off the Resume feature. These settings are found in Tools - Settings - RTMP Download Tweaks.